Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

Swimming

As a Pt England student, we have annual swimming lessons at the Glen Innes Pools. We go for half an hour every day over two weeks, to improve our skills.



To learn how to do freestyle you need to practice your arm circles. We were using flutter boards to help us with our arm circles. When we finished using our flutter boards we had to do our rocket arms in the water.



What do you know about relay races? It is when one person swims at a time. When we did relay races we were exhausted. We only did this on the first and last day of swimming.  



Our lessons were hard work at times, but really worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Alizhay, I was thrilled by your post. My name is Angela Garrone. My last name rhymes with macaroni. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I have 3 children who swim. This will be the first summer they are not going to swim competitively. I enjoy swim meets and the relays are the most exciting. When they were little it was funny to watch them do the back stroke because they looked like ping pong balls bouncing from rope to rope.
    What is your favorite stroke? My daughter likes the butterfly, my oldest son likes the back stroke, and my little boy likes free style.
    Enjoy swimming. It is great exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alizhay, I forgot to share our family's swim team with you. We swim with the West Mobile Swim Club and our mascot is the Marlin. Our team is know as "The Marlins".
    Here is the website: http://westmobileswimclub.com
    I hope you can look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.